Holy Moly! Mercedes make some bold claims

All other makes of fourby tech issues here

Holy Moly! Mercedes make some bold claims

Postby roberiquez » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:15 pm

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=63768&s_rid=theage:rainbowstrip:content2:19-06:19-6_merc:mercedesmudlark

Mercedes-Benz Australia plans to import the G-Wagen, a no-frills offroader to rival the Toyota LandCruiser Troop Carrier and Land Rover Defender.

The G-Wagen would join the Land Rover Defender and Toyota LandCruiser Troop Carrier as tough, old style, go-anywhere off-roaders that have earned their reputations in commercial and military applications but appeal to those looking for honest but basic and capable off-road transport.

“The G-wagen is a serious military vehicle. There’s obviously some kudos or attraction with that.”

“I think it could appeal to grey nomads who are going to spend high-spec LandCruiser money but want something with an even higher level of off-road ability with a badge that says something,” he said.

roberiquez
fire trailer

Postby Hulksta » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:09 pm

If looks are anything to go off... I hope it never makes it over here!:nah:
THE HULKSTA.... Built by Nissan, Rebadged by Ford, Powered by Holden, Perfected by Me:grin:

The Offroad Show

If it ain't broke.. re-engineer it:great:
Hulksta

Postby Mick. » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:32 am

I'll like one of the 5.4 litre super charged V8s though.:mrgreen:

I reckon it would be a little embarrassing getting blown away in your new VE commadore by a box on wheels.:roflol::roflol:

At a starting price of $90,000 going up to the top of the line $300,000:eek: I don't think they'll sell many over here.

Cheers Mick.
TJM HUNTER VALLEY 0249511184
For all your 4wd accessories (Tell them Mick sent you):smile:
130 Newcastle rd Wallsend
Mick.

Postby steelo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:05 am

The army is replacing their old Landies with them over the next year or so, so you'd expect them to do the rough stuff pretty well. I didn't think they were bringing them to the open market so soon though. :grin:
-WIDE BAY BURNETT 4X4 CLUB-
1991 GQ ST-3 (RB-30), manual g/box & manual front hubs, 2" lift - TJM Hd coils & Ultima shocks plus 235/85/16 LT Kendo AP tyres, just looking to turn it into a tourer that can go out & play some. :great:
steelo
fire trailer

Postby Eddy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:57 pm

steelo wrote:The army is replacing their old Landies with them... ... ... I didn't think they were bringing them to the open market so soon though. :grin:
There is a method in that;- makes it easier to spread some parts across the country.
Eddy
fire trailer

Postby high n mighty » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm

1200 of them in different variants will be arriving next year, testing is happening atm with a couple and real test begin in June. If I read right we are getting them twin locked aswell, the ADF will probably be boosting their panel beaters soon:wink:
PROBLEM ? Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!:cool:
high n mighty
fire trailer

Postby steelo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 pm

I'd love to get one with all the lockers etc & take it to somewhere like LCMP & have a play :great:
-WIDE BAY BURNETT 4X4 CLUB-
1991 GQ ST-3 (RB-30), manual g/box & manual front hubs, 2" lift - TJM Hd coils & Ultima shocks plus 235/85/16 LT Kendo AP tyres, just looking to turn it into a tourer that can go out & play some. :great:
steelo
fire trailer

Return to Other Makes