SNATCH STRAP WHICH IS BEST?

For all your general tech help

SNATCH STRAP WHICH IS BEST?

Postby imported_dieselpower » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:58 pm

OK im sure every 4x4 mag does a run down on these evry 6 months but what do u think .
i know of people havin ARB straps for years , i had a couple of no name brand straps that lasted a year or two then died , i now have a Tow 2GO strap it is meant to be rated pretty well(for a cheap-ish strap) i have not had a chance to test it but with new years comin the soft sand of double island will surely give me the chance . i would usually just buy proven product and use it but wheres the fun in that. :P :P :P :P
imported_dieselpower

Postby imported_HareTrigger » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:53 pm

I normally carry an ARB snatch strap. Has lasted four years and has done some serious recoveries. I know other brands also have them, but I like the wear (or overload) indicator feature on them.

In a moment of weakness (he has a scottish heritage), a good mate of mine once bought a cheap snatch strap from Super Cheap or something. It was a undyed 15,000kg strap from hell, so he thought at the time. Used it once, it now serves to rig my RTT and roof rack to the garage ceiling :lol: ("payment" for me driving down 200km in the shitty rain, getting my clean 4WD dirty and pulling his sorry arse out of a bind :twisted: ).

I used to have two straps, but some low life stole one along with my two herc-alloy chains and fittings :evil:

My WES is also an ARB unit, simply because they were the only ones I could find with a 8,000kg MBS (A 4,000kg MBS WES is a poor choice for most punters IMHO).
imported_HareTrigger

Black Snake

Postby landrover » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 pm

black snake, no question.

outlined the reasons in another thread :
http://downunder4x4.net/forum/showthread.php?p=185693#post185693

We've broken a lot of straps, but never a black snake.
stronger. safer. it's far superior recovery gear.
landrover
fire trailer

Return to General Technical Help