E.G.R. Dose it make a differance ?

For all your general tech help

E.G.R. Dose it make a differance ?

Postby Tomactroop » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Im looking at some extractors for my 03 1hz troopy & have noticed some have EGR fittings, some dont. So whats the pros & cons with the EGR ? I no its supposed to help burn unspent gasses in the inlet manifold, but the extractors with out the EGR fitting are a bit cheaper (not much). Whats to be gained by blocking it ? :confused:
Tomactroop
fire trailer

Change of plans, Iv been nabbed

Postby Tomactroop » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Im not going to worry about extractors for now, instead Im getting the diff ratios matched to the 33s. I just recived my first speeding fine, 59 in a 50 zone & Im $150 lighter.:policecar:
But I would appreciate advice on the EGR
cheers
Tomactroop
fire trailer

Postby HiluxRyan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:15 pm

EGR is for emission control laws, only the later 1HZs are equipped with it. EGR equipped cruisers seem to get alot of carbon build up in the inlet manifold and under the right conditions can make a gurgling noise through the snorkel (Light throttle when EGR is open). biggest advantage is not having it carbon up, biggest disadvantage would be the fines if the EPA looks and notices the emission control device has been disabled.
I dont come here alot.
Probably because the Lux is off the road and I dont have much time with the two kids.
HiluxRyan
fire trailer

Postby Tomactroop » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:28 pm

HiluxRyan wrote:EGR is for emission control laws, only the later 1HZs are equipped with it. EGR equipped cruisers seem to get alot of carbon build up in the inlet manifold and under the right conditions can make a gurgling noise through the snorkel (Light throttle when EGR is open). biggest advantage is not having it carbon up, biggest disadvantage would be the fines if the EPA looks and notices the emission control device has been disabled.

Thanx for your advice. As soon as I sort out these diffs, I'll start chasing more ponys from the motor, & I'll begin with EGR equiped extractors :biggrin:

cheers
Tomactroop
fire trailer

Postby Phat Mav » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Yes, Exhaust Gas Recirculation is emissions and needs to be left in if it's there now...
I see dumb people

zookcowboy wrote:The worst bit, I will now be remembered as the guy who forgot the Pres's name !!!
Phat Mav

Return to General Technical Help